Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School

This is it - the first year all 3 of my girls are in school all day. From about 8 a.m. to about 3 p.m. I should have tons of time right? I could be having an emotional crisis; not knowing what to do with myself all day. Well, school's been in session almost 3 weeks now, and this is the first chance I've had to post some pictures, so things have been pretty busy. I still have a lot of things on my to-do list, but with no impending deadlines, so I finally have a little free time.

Here are some pics of the girls on their way out the door the first day of school. I think I have the coolest, cutest kids out there! They are having a good year so far. Felicity was a bit overwhelmed after the first day, but is keeping up just fine. Lydia needs to work on some time-management and organization skills (she likes to read during math time). And Evelyn is happy as a clam reading Junie B. Jones chapter books and taking AR quizzes (finally!).
Shawn and I have both been volunteereing in Felicity and Lydia's classroom to help with Accelerated Math and this week I will start helping the first graders in Evelyn's class with Accelerated Reading. I'm so grateful I have had the opportunity to stay home with the girls and be able to be involved in their classrooms and education. I'm also grateful that Shawn has been in a position where he has been able to participate too. We are very blessed!

1 comment:

Robynne said...

Congratulations Lauri - welcome to bon-bons and bubble baths all day while the kids are gone....NOT! :p I thought I would have a ton of time once all my kids were in school, but it quickly fills up (with things like helping in their classrooms, community/church stuff, etc.) Still, it's nice to have the opportunity to do the stuff you couldn't before! Enjoy your time! P.S. The girls are adorable, I hope they have a great year!