Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Cards

It's that time of year again. Time to break out the trusty address book and start addressing all those merry messages of Christmas cheer. I don't know about you, but I like my Christmas cards to be nice and simple, so I can spend more time with my family. I've done hand made cards in the past, and while I love the creative outlet and how fun they can be, I need to make them months ahead of time rather than in December. And let's be honest, I just don't plan that far ahead. Maybe some year, but not this year.

In my opinion, the best cards to get are photo greeting cards. I love seeing how families have grown as they've added new babies, and how children have grown as the years go by. Now, don't get me wrong - all other cards are nice, and I am grateful to be counted among those on the "Christmas Card List" from each and every friend and family member who sends our family a card. So, please don't take me off your list if your card does not include a photo.

This year I have been checking out the beautiful card designs on Shutterfly.com. It really is hard to pick my favorite!

I also love Shutterfly's photo books. We treasure our photo book that has our amazing Disneyland memories. We also had such a fun summer last year, that I made a photo book of all our adventures, and then ordered copies for Grandmas and Grandpas and even Great-Grandmas for Christmas!

2 comments:

Janene said...

It is that time again. I love getting cards, but I have the hardest time just getting a decent enough picture of our family that I want to be shared with people I haven't actually seen in a long time. I better pull out the camera and ironing board...thanks for the reminder!

Tamlynn said...

Got your card! I love pics too-- but only of the whole family. I am not friends with people's kids. I want to see the grown ups!