Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Love/Hate Relationship

Okay, I'll admit it. I have a love/hate relationship with winter. I hate cold, wet, slushy, dirty, icy snow and wind. Yes, this is where I live, so it is part of the package, but I don't have to like it. I am grateful that I don't have to go out in it that often, or for very long. I can handle being a mostly-stay-at-home mom and curl up with a good book and cup of hot cocoa - when I get the chance.

Here is a picture of our snow at it's highest (so far) this year. Notice it covers the "foot swing" and nearly touches the bottom of the regular swing. I never did go measure it, but it was a couple of feet or more.

But, I do love the gorgeous sunsets and the picturesque, snow globe days when I don't have to go out :)

1 comment:

Janene said...

I still don't miss the snow...except for Christmas day. We've lived away from it for 7 years and it's actually quite nice to not have to shovel or scrape anything when it's time to go in the morning! Then again, there's nothing better than being able to stay home and curl up with a good book, like you said. :)