Sunday, January 11, 2009

First week of January...

Well, it’s more like a week and a half into January, but I’ll get you up to date anyway. Last Sunday was our first Sunday of the new year in primary and fast Sunday. Turns out, the two did not mix well for me. We had the late schedule (1-4) and half way through primary I just lost it – one little behavior thing turned into hours of bawling for me. We have been without a chorister and so I was doing singing time and teaching the new song on top of everything else. In the future, I think I will adjust my fasting schedule so I can eat something before church. Other than that, our first week went pretty smoothly though. I have an awesome counselor who has been preparing the new sunbeams for 2 months and is still easing them into primary a little at a time. I think it makes a world of difference. There were still a few bumps to iron out in the seating arrangement (we’ve turned it 90 degrees and are going the wide way in our room rather than the long, narrow way) and some sad little ones, but all in all, not too bad.
It was nice to get back to our regular schedule this week. The girls are all back in school, I’m going in to volunteer a couple days a week still, and I’m helping with filing at Shawn’s office a couple mornings a week for a little longer. The girls went after school to our neighbor’s to get haircuts and I went and got mine cut one morning while they were at school. Last Friday Shawn and I went to a wedding reception and then were able to go to a sealing session with our ward. This Friday, we let Lissy babysit while we went out to dinner for a “mini-date.” Shawn has been enjoying the football playoffs every chance he gets. We read in the paper that cars cannot be parked on our city streets anymore for plowing, so yesterday we jump started the truck and dropped it off at the shop so it could get looked at. Shawn replaced the battery a few months ago, but it still doesn’t start without a jump, so he thinks maybe it’s the alternator. Yesterday I got to go to a baby shower and it was fun to see some of my friends there. Shawn took Evie on a daddy-daughter date to a new ice cream place near us. It is called Sub-Zero and you get to choose your own kind of cream, flavors and mix-ins. Then they add some liquid nitrogen and mix it all up to create your very own ice cream right there. I can’t wait to go for my date now!
This Sunday primary went much better – no tears. Our new chorister was also called today, so I shouldn’t have to worry about that anymore either. I’m looking forward to another structured busy week in our little cold, cold corner of the state.

3 comments:

sherisorenson said...

Sometimes a good cry is just what we need. I'm glad you let it go and moved on. In preparing my lesson this week (Leading the Lord's Way) I read an articale by Pres. Eyring (Elder Eyring at the time) and I thought of you. Rise to Your Call - November Ensign 2002.Take the time to read it. I think it will give you strength and encouragement. I love you! Mom

Melissa said...

We had the guy who started subzero at the school a couple of months ago doing a demonstration. He flicked liquid nitrogen on me, it was kinda scary. The ice cream was good though. Hope you get to go soon!

Tamlynn said...

hang in there! I'll bet your primary is amazing.