Wednesday, January 28, 2009

January Week 3

The girls and I enjoyed a nice quiet day off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. On Wednesday I subbed for the school librarian all day. This time I had Evie go to a friend’s house after school, and that made things much easier. That night Lissy and Shawn went to a Daddy/daughter dinner for activity days and when they got home I went to our book group meeting. The book we read was The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. I enjoyed the book, but probably didn’t get very much out of it since I read more for entertainment than enlightenment. I went to “work” a couple mornings this week, drove the girls to dance on Thursday and to help at the school on Friday. Friday night we had a bishopric dinner and it was nice to go and get to know everyone. I took mom’s pudding fruit salad, and we each had to say one thing about our spouse that no one else would know. Shawn shared my weird sock thing and I told of his Solid Gold performance when we were dating. Saturday we celebrated Lissy’s birthday with chocolate chip pancakes, a trip to the mall for ear piercing and a new outfit, and she got to bring a friend to “Lunner” at Chuck-a-rama. We opened presents between the mall and lunch. Sunday was another busy day – I had meetings and did sharing time and Shawn had choir, sang a special musical number at the assisted living center sacrament meeting and led a priesthood choir for our sacrament meeting. He left during church for Boise because he was worried about traveling the next day. He and a coworker went to testify before the state legislature in favor of a Medicaid bill. They didn’t expect it to pass, but it did, so they must have done a great job!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am so glad I was privileged to be present at Shawn's Solid Gold performance, He was great. Also congrats to him on his political acumen. Your scrapbooking table looks great!