Sunday, June 27, 2010

Catching Up

It has been too long since I have posted, and so I am beginning the "catching up" posts. Before June is over, I better catch up on May first. So here is our May, Week 3 report:

The 3rd week of May was pretty much dominated by the girls' dance activities. Tuesday night they had a dress rehearsal, Wednesday night was their dance performance called "Wonderland". All the dancers joined together to tell the story of Alice in Wonderland. There were some really fun dances, costumes and props. My favorite dancers were my girls of course. My favorite props were the giant mushrooms - kiddie pools painted red and turned over on some sort of base with touch-lights attached to the tops. They were used during Lydia and Felicity's mushroom dance as well as a disco light and some black lights. Funky! My favorite dance however, was the tea-party scene - bright, colorful, wild and crazy chaos. So fun! Thursday afternoon and evening we went down to the dance studio for team pictures and then Friday night Felicity and Lydia got to perform with the competition teams in a reprise of their mushroom dance. I love watching dance, but even I was a little worn out after that week. Here are some pics of the girls in their costumes - Lydia and Felicity are hip-hop Mushrooms and Evelyn is a jazzy Cat.

The girls were also busy with other school and church activities - Evelyn went on a field trip to the zoo, Felicity had her final Newbery Club meeting after school, Felicity and Lydia had activity days after school one day, Felicity went to the orthodontist and we went and selected some "new to us" clothes for the girls at our ward's Share and Wear.

I'll also share pictures of a crafty project I did. I live by the giant sized wall calendars. I can fit everything on it, have it where I can see it anytime, and see the whole month at a glance. I got tired of just poking some nails through the top and attaching it to my wall though, so I've had this Calendar Holder idea developing in my mind for a year or two. Several months ago I got around to attaching a couple of big silver clips (I forget their technical name) to a board I had painted black. That did the job for quite awhile. Then I started using some small magnetic clips to hold things like birthday invitations or Relief Society reminders. That led me to the thought that I should add some tin squares onto the sides of the board to stick magnets too. I've also wanted to come up with some cute little catch phrase to cut out with my Cricut to put in the middle. After letting all this stew around in my brain for a couple of years and slowly working on it, I finally decided one afternoon to finish it. So I got the tin, found the tin snips I bought at Harbor Freight with Shawn a few weeks ago, cut the squares, glued them on with some E 6000, and cut out my cute little bee and "Busy Bees" out of vinyl and put it all together. It may have taken me awhile to complete, but I am very happy with it and it is much cuter and more functional than a couple of nails in the wall.

2 comments:

Pearl Girl said...

EEEEEK! That is so cute. You know I copied you on the BIG calander right? I too have been trying to think of a way to put it up. Now I can copy you again! I love copying you. You are so creative.
Warm springs is just past Ashton on the way to Mesa falls. the fish bridge is just before the campground, there are always tons there!! which you can wade in the river there its very shallow. You MUST GO and at least feed the fish. Cave falls is near there but you have to travel for 20 minutes down a washboardy road that I would not recommend if you get car sick. or if you have a problem with mosquitos.
Call if you want better details!

Pearl Girl said...

oops, I meant you can wade in the water at the campground, not the fish bridge. lol