Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Funny story

So yesterday I put 3 pounds of hamburger in my skillet to brown so I could freeze it. We had bought 10 pounds when it was on sale, and this was the last 3 (I had used or frozen the rest already). I decide to quickly go to the bathroom while it cooks a little. So, I go into the bathroom, and for some reason I actually close the door this time. So, I'm taking my time, flipping through a magazine, and doing my thing. I finish and open the door, only to be greeted by the smell of something burning. Oh rats! I forgot about the hamburger! Now my house smells like burned ground beef and onions. Yummy. Evie said, "I checked on it mom, but it wasn't boiling." Too- cute.

So today, 3 pound chubs of ground beef are marked down at Wal-mart, the sell by date is tomorrow. So, I bought 2 of them, brought them home, and browned them up. No burning this time. Now I have twice the meat in the freezer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cute! Gotta love the smell of burning meat ")

Kim H. said...

Hey, I am impressed you were browning to freeze in the first place. I actually printed those valentines at kinkos, 1.25 per page on cardstock, 12 per page, so 2.50 total per kid not bad. It is cheaper than me buying ink cartridges all the time:)