Thursday, February 26, 2009

Some pics

**Clarification** The mattress we've had for awhile, but after 12 years of marriage, this is our first headboard. We've always just had the mattress up against the wall.
I realized after we got it home, that it is probably intended to go in a tropical-themed room as it has pineapple-leaf toppers and a woven "wicker" type head and footboard, but oh-well. The tone of the wicker works with our dresser,the dark metal works with other accents in the room, and I like the idea of a four-poster. A typical four-poster would have been much to invasive and "heavy" for our room, but this one is just right and we like it :)

I'm not doing very well with the blogging thing again, so here are some pics to look at. Here is our new bed. After 12 years of marriage, this was our Valentine's present. We got a great deal, and it works well in our small bedroom.

Here are Shawn and Lissy working on her invention for GATE. She called it the Coat Catcher. It used carabiner (sp?) clips to hang a backpack and/or coat so they would not get knocked off onto the floor.

And here are the flowers Shawn and Lissy picked out for me for my birthday. They were beautiful!I also got rechargeable batteries for my camera, a clothing shopping spree (Shawn even went with me) and lunch at the new Red Robin.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your bed and your flowers! D and i still have the same bed that he had at home growing up. We did get a new mattress while in NJ though.

Sorenson family trio said...

Looks like a great v-day present. I love new beds they are so comfortable.
Gina

Aubree and Cody Luke said...

That bed fits perfectly with your room stuff, good choice! Also the crazy hair is great!

Tamlynn said...

Happy birthday! The bed is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Your family is beautiful! I now have a little girl and I just hope that Donal and I can be as good at being parents as you and Shawn are. Your family was very inspirational for me while you were here in Jersey.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! I like the bed! Looks Great!

lovedkat said...

fun fun fun....i hope you had a fun b-day....i love shopping sprees. im glad you got a bed frame thingy, its awesome, someday i hhope steve will break and get me one, right ow ours is on the floor so i dont shove anything under it. so how did lissys invention turn out?