Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Monday!

Evie picked out the new blog background today. After working every day last week (I substituted for the school librarian), I am enjoying being home and getting caught up today. By noon I had started the laundry, made a pasta salad for dinner, made rice krispie treats for FHE/dessert, hosted the first of 2 play dates today (Evie doesn’t have school) washed some pots and pans and helped the little girls make some Jiffy muffins. Not bad for a morning's work. This afternoon I have been rearranging some things in my "office" so I can try to get some scrapbooking done this month. It still needs a major "clean sweep," but I got rid of some piles.
On Friday Evelyn's class held a Mother and Me party that was really cute. They sang songs, recited a poem, had us dance with them (the A-Tooty-Ta-Ta song), showed a class video, shared why their mom's are special and gave us paper flowers and #1 MOM necklaces they had made. The older girls each gave me a flower that I will get to plant in the yard and some cards. Shawn took them shopping for me Saturday and I now get to enjoy a Twilight soundtrack from Evie, a new heating pad from Lissy, some iTunes downloads from Lydia, a digital photo keychain from Shawn and some new scrapbooking supplies. They also treated me like a queen yesterday and made all the meals and did all the dishes. I have the best hubby and girls!

No comments: