Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great Memorial Day! First thing in the morning, Shawn tilled our garden while the girls and I cleaned up the weeds and grass. Then we went and bought some new seeds, since I couldn’t find ours. I think I threw them out last year when we thought about moving. After all that we needed a break, so it was time for the fun part of the day. Felicity and Lydia planned a “family outing” for one of their Faith in God goals, including a picnic, activities and location. They chose to go to a hot springs recreation area near here for our picnic. We didn’t swim, but after our picnic we played some Frisbee. Then Shawn and I were able to talk them into miniature golf at a nearby camp area. It was a nice little course and was fun. We then took the back roads back towards the highway and stopped at another golf course to play on their 18 hole putting practice course. That was pretty fun too, but the girls got kind of tired. Felicity stuck with it though and completed the course. For dinner we grilled steaks and parmesan potatoes. After the girls went to bed, Shawn and I planted some beans so we could at least have something started in the garden. We’ll get the rest planted this week. I was so busy working and having fun that I didn't get any pictures.

In other news, Shawn finally broke down and bought the family a Wii. He ended up taking a few of our old/other gaming systems and games into a store that buys/sells used video games so he could get quite a bit of credit to help pay for it. We just have the one game so far (Wii Sport?), but he and the girls have been having some great bonding time playing golf, tennis, baseball, bowling and boxing. The first night we had it I creamed Shawn in golf and bowling, so that was rather gratifying for me. I've played a little since then, but I'm pretty sure I won't be the one logging the most hours. If we get the Wii fit I should definitley try and use it more, because my forearm and bicep already got a little workout from playing the little I have!

2 comments:

Tamlynn said...

sounds like fun. I wish anyone in my family liked green beans, they are so easy to grow. Oh well.

Sorenson family trio said...

Sounds like a great weekend.
Gina