Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just for Joy

Here's a post just for Joy who wanted to know how I made the recipe binder cover. I'll try to explain as best as I can. I used PhotoShop, but I'm guessing any graphics/photo software would work.

I opened a new document that was 8 1/2 x 11 and had a transparent background. Then I just started playing with all the digital scrapbooking freebies I have downloaded. I ended up using an antiqued-crinkly paper for the background and then added the floral paper on top of that. I used digital stitching along the edges of the floral paper and added some digital elements - the bracket label, staples, clip and saftey pin. Then I used the text tool to add the title. For a final touch I added another digital element, an antiqued brad to dot the "i" in Holidays. I hope that helps! If you want this one, it would be super cinch to personalize it for you and send it as a jpeg. Just let me know in the comments if anyone wants one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks Lauri! Some of us(me) are more creatively challenged than you!