Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mid-July Weeks

The second and third weeks of July we enjoyed being home and getting to relax a little bit more. I’ve been in to work at Shawn’s office a few days while the girls “work on their chores” at home. Some of them are better than others at following through on that. We try to make it to the school library and the public library at least once a week to get some new books to read.
One weekend Shawn participated in the Relay for Life with a team from work. We went and hung out for a few hours and listened to some of the entertainment and walked around and looked at some of the booths. His team was running a raffle as a fundraiser, so I bought some tickets for a cute weekend bag. Guess what? I won! Now we just need to plan a nice weekend getaway so I can use it  Since He was up all night with the relay, he wanted to take a little nap when he got home, so I took the girls to a movie. We’ve been using our movie passes we bought from the school to see the kids’ movies we haven’t seen yet like – Monsters vs. Aliens, Paul Blart Mall Cop, Delgo, Pink Panther 2, etc.
One morning we spent at a primary activity that some of the kids Lissy’s age helped to plan and carry out- the theme was Summertime Fun. Felicity was in charge of a rock painting station and learned how hard it is to plan an activity and make sure things go smoothly and everyone has fun. In fact, I think she came home and had a nap she was so worn out. Other stations were an ocean bingo station, a basketball obstacle course, fruit kebobs, and a duck pond. I think all the kids had fun planning and participating.
We also got in some dentist visits and a doctor’s visit so Lydia could get her chicken pox booster. Last Friday we went to the drive-in to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The girls stayed awake the whole time and we all enjoyed the movie. We didn’t stay for the second show because neither Shawn nor I thought it was worth staying up that late to see My Sister’s Keeper, though we do want to see it sometime.
For our 12th anniversary Shawn and I went shoe shopping together. Then that night we went to The Cellar – a fancy restaurant right by our house that we have always wanted to try. It was pricey, but YUMMY!

Pics from Relay for Life and my cute new bag. The crown-shaped tag says "Take me" on one side and "I'm Yours" on the other and has cute purse-shaped zipper pulls.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Shoe shopping for your anniversary huh? We are getting old I think :) Congrats on winning the bag, you could use it for a girls weekend here!