Friday, January 29, 2010

"I Like Pie"

Felicity celebrated her 11th birthday last month with a little family party. For her birthday she wanted to go to the mall and go shopping - especially to Claire's and Bath and Body Works. So that is what we did. I took her to the mall and for 2 hours we went shopping. After picking out her birthday outfit (green fleece jacket, green shirt and new jeans - all on clearance - she's wearing it in her pictures) she spent awhile in Claire's trying to convince me to let her buy some make-up. Sorry babe, maybe next year. She finally settled on a couple of lip gloss sets (her purchase, not mine). Then we went to Bath and Body works where we sampled some smelly-goods, but didn't get anything.

We went out to dinner Saturday night at one of our favorite restaurants - Lissy's choice. It is Japanese fusion restaurant owned by our home teacher where Shawn likes to get Sushi. This time we sat at the tables that have a grill built into the center of them and were able to grill our meats right at our table. The girls had fun watching that, since Shawn and I did all the actual grilling.

Felicity also wanted to make her own birthday cake this year, so I helped her make that on Sunday afternoon. One of her favorite things to say is, “I like pie.” Don’t ask me why – I don’t know where it came from. She just thinks it’s funny. Anyway since she “likes pie” and her favorite color is green she decided to make a lime pie. It was a simple recipe with Jell-o, cool whip, and a graham cracker crust so it was perfect for her to make and it turned out to be quite refreshing.She got some things for her room - new curtains, a chandelier mirror, an "F" paperweight - some sweet homemade presents from her sisters, a Tinkerbell doll, a new set of markers, cards and $ from her grandparents (always a hit! - she even got a box of chocolates this year, which she gobbled up right away!), a new dictionary, a Harry Potter Clue game and some accessories for her ZhuZhu pet.

She looks so grown up in this picture for some reason - maybe it's the hair-flipping :)


Here's a good shot of the braces - complete with green rubber bands, of course.

Watching the antics of a ZhuZhu pet - don't you all wish you had a mechanical hamster that made sounds like a toilet flushing?

3 comments:

Robynne said...

Happy Birthday Felicity! I wish you knew where she got the saying "I like pie" - my just turned 12 year old was saying that ALL THE TIME a few months ago, and we never knew where it came from, either! We got the Harry Potter Clue game for Christmas and love it!!! Thanks for the update! :)

Janene said...

Seriously, when did she grow up? I should probably shop somewhere else because I have her exact same jacket on, only mine's black. :)

Kayla said...

Ryan says " I like pie" all the time and has for awhile now. I have no idea where it came from!!