Friday, April 16, 2010

Doctors visits

Guess where I’ve been twice today? To Urgent Care – that’s where. I've been having an allergic reaction on my face for a couple of weeks and when I woke up this morning my left eye was swollen shut, so Shawn and I went over and opened the book fair (which I have been doing all week) at school and then went to the doctor as soon as someone else got there to cover for me. He gave me a prescription for Prednisone and recommend a daily dose of Zyrtec for awhile.

Then today after school, while I ran to the bank, Lydia fell off the counter and hit her knee on the corner of a cupboard. Lissy took good care of it and I didn’t think it was too bad, but when we had to change the band-aid for the third time, Shawn took a closer look at it and there was a dime sized flap of skin that was pretty deep. So, back to the doctor for a 2 ½ hour wait for 3 stitches. She was scared and cried before the stitches but was very brave and chatty during the procedure. Funny kid. She is our first child to have to get stitches - so not bad, eh?

They say bad things happen in threes, so I am on my guard. Guess I better not let the kids play rough at all this weekend. In fact, maybe I should just keep them indoors and separated for awhile.... just kidding. It is beautiful here and so I think we will need to spend sometime outside this weekend.

1 comment:

Sorenson family trio said...

An allergic reaction? What is the cause??? That has to be the pits.
Poor Lydia. Hope you both are better sooooooon!!!!!