Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break Recap

We had yucky weather here over spring break, so we didn't really do anything too exciting. Shawn did take Monday off, so we decided to go to Salt Lake and spend the day there. We left Sunday night after the girls' Easter program and arrived at my Grandma's a little after 10 p.m. She was so nice to let us come and stay at the last minute and fixed a yummy quiche for breakfast. As a bonus, my parents were also there on their way to their vacation, so we got to see them too!

Monday morning after breakfast, we drove into Salt Lake and parked the van. Then we just walked around and saw the sights around Temple Square - toured the conference center, went up to the observation deck of the Church office building, ate lunch at the Lion House (I wasn't that impressed, but I'd never been there before), toured the Beehive House, and then walked right through Temple Square to the Church History Museum where we spent 2-3 hours. There were so many neat things to see there and a large exhibit of interactive activities (redundant, I know) for kids based on the song "I Am a Child of God." We left around 5 pm, stopped in Tremonton for dinner, and got The Princess and the Frog from the Redbox there for the girls to watch on the rest of the way home. It was a fun day and it was nice to have a mini-vacation.






Tuesday we must have just hung out. Wednesday morning Felicity helped me make Shawn a patchwork fleece BSU/Football blanket for his birthday. Later she helped me bake a cake for that night. On Wednesday Lissy also got new glasses. She calls them her Tinkerbell glasses because they are purple on the outside and green on the inside - Tinkerbell colors. We decided to go with glasses because the contacts would have been 3 times as much for the year! Shawn and I went out to dinner with the Bones with the Romeo and Juliet gift certificates they got for Shawn's birthday dinner. The girls watched the Bone's little boy as gift to Shawn so we could enjoy a "grown-ups" dinner. After dinner we came back and chatted and then had birthday cake.
Thursday the girls helped me clean and get ready for company. Shawn's parents came that night to stay on their way to General Conference. They had dinner with us, and then we played some games before bed. Friday morning Karen, Aleah, Felicity and I went shopping for dresses. Karen and Aleah each got a dress and Felicity found one we went and bought a few days later. After that, we met the rest of the gang at our favorite Japanese restaurant for sushi, etc.

Saturday morning I woke up with a rash on my face that just spread and was even worse on Sunday. I'm thinking it was an allergic reaction to something I ate, but I'm not sure. I'm glad I didn't have to go to church this week. It was itchy on Sunday, so I kept taking Benadryl and didn't do a very good job staying awake for the conference sessions. I did stay awake Saturday thanks to the little packet we passed out in primary and some light note taking. I did enjoy all the talks (and portions of talks) I heard and will definitely need to read them all. There seemed to be a theme of families and teaching children, which is very relevant to us right now. During the Priesthood session, the girls and I watched "A Wrinkle in Time" - well, they watched, I fell asleep.

Saturday, between sessions, our neighborhood had an Easter egg hunt. It was windy and chilly, so we all bundled up and drove over to the neighborhood park. For our Easter dinner we roasted a chicken, I don't remember what else we had... must be the Benadryl....

No comments: