Saturday, August 16, 2008

House News

We have taken our house off the market. That's right we're staying here. For now. Or forever. Who knows? At any rate, it is a relief not to have to worry about keeping it clean (especially since we only had 3 showings in a 4 month period). And the girls are happy to be staying here and going to their school with all their friends again. Since we had promised them each their own rooms when we moved, we went ahead and made that happen here. The girls and I spent one afternoon last week moving clothes and toys around. Lissy is now in the spare room and we got a dresser/mirror set for her on Craigslist. Jo is downstairs in the blue room by herself and we're planning on taking out the extra bed. And Evie is upstairs in the pink room, but has a hard time being by herself so far. To get her to sleep in there all alone, we have to turn on the hall light (but we insist on closing the door) and turn on a radio for her. Whatever it takes, right? It's been a little bit of an adjustment, but now the messes will be owned and being sent to your room means you can't bug anyone else.

3 comments:

Sorenson family trio said...

Are you going to be moving to Boise ever? What caused you guys to take your house off the market? I hope things turn out ok for Eve with her own room.
Gina

Holly said...

I'm so glad you aren't moving!! :) Don't you just LOVE craigs list?! I do!!!

NW Harbert's said...

I wish I had enough rooms to give all 3 girls there own room. When I send all of them to there room where is the 3rd suppose to go. I usually have to put her on the floor in front of me.