Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wasted Morning


I have been a bum this morning. It is 12:30, I am still in my jammies, and I haven't started a load of laundry or a sprinkler yet. I did manage to get my kids to sort the laundry for me (something they do very well, even is it does involve some rolling around in the mountain of dirty clothes). And after they got dressed, made their beds, and tidied their rooms, we got out the "surprise." It was a bag full of Old Navy clearance specials that I picked up months ago. There were quite a few good school shirts in there and Evie and Lissy both had 1 or 2 pairs of pants in there. After doing more chores than me so far today, they are now upstairs scrapbooking, and I have been blog surfing. There are so many cute blogs out there with so many creative ideas. Maybe when the girls are in school, I will try some of those ideas.

Last night for FHE we had our back-to-school night. Shawn gave a lesson on the priesthood and the girls were amazed that he could trace his priesthood lineage all the way back through prophets to Jesus Christ. Lissy kept saying, "Wow! That's big!" Then he gave each of them a father's blessing. Our activity was to sort and label all the school supplies and pack the backpacks. Of course, with tissues, reams of copy paper and other big things, we had to fill grocery bags too. I realized that I was 2 boxes of 48 crayons short, so I will have to go and get those today or tomorrow. Oh, and we realized that the teachers asked for the pencils to be sharpened. We just have a little battery-powered sharpener, and there was no way it was going to sharpen over 70 pencils, so Shawn and Lissy ran to Staples to get a heavy-duty one and to Jamba Juice for treats.


Now to start the laundry, feed my kids lunch so they stop eating chocolate graham crackers, water the dry spots, and go shopping - again.

1 comment:

NW Harbert's said...

Sounds like my weeks lately. I have not been in the mood to do anything. Mostly I am sure it is pregnancy related, but oh well. I am still in pj's right now! haha!