Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just a little blogging and a recipe

Nothing much is happening around here, but it's been over a week and I feel guilty that I haven't blogged. Today is laundry day, so I after I get my first load over to the dryer I'll have a quick shower and then run a couple errands before Evie gets home. We're almost out of milk and I need some green chilis for our white bean chili tonight. Cream of chicken soup and albacore tuna are also on sale at Walgreens (of all places), so I'll go get my limit of those. Here's the Heavenly Chili recipe that we got from a friend at BYU - we love it and get requests for the recipe everytime we share. Thanks Karen!

Heavenly Chili or White Chicken Chili
Karen Meeker - BYU

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, cubed
1 med onion, chopped (or dried, minced onion)
¼ tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbl. Vegetable oil
3 cans (15 ½ oz.) Great Northern Beans, drained
1 can (14 ½ oz) chicken broth
1 sm. can chopped green chilies
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. pepper
1 cup sour cream
½ cup whipping cream (or evaporated milk)

Saute chicken in oil. When well cooked, add the spices, green chilies and broth and bring to a boil. Add the beans and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat and let simmer for 30 minutes. Remove form heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Serve immediately for rave reviews!

No comments: