Tuesday, November 4, 2008

October Update

October was a very busy month for us. I’ll try and fill you on what has happened since I last posted. Shawn and I both went to the eye doctor and got new glasses. I’ll try to post some pictures because we look snazzy! Lydia had two cavities so she had to go get fillings two separate times. She did great and we all got a kick out of her crooked mouth when she tried to say “Rubber baby buggy bumpers.”

We went to a new pumpkin patch this year and carved our pumpkins a few days later. Our tradition is to have the girls “design” them and clean them out, and then Shawn is the “Master Carver.” Felicity also got to go to a pumpkin patch with the Activity Days girls. Felicity woke up with the flu one morning, so she stayed home from school and I sent our Heavenly Chili to the ward Harvest Carnival with Shawn and the Girls. The girls had their Spooktacular (Halloween parade and carnival) at the school on Wednesday. My favorite part was watching how seriously they took the fortune teller. Oh, if you could’ve just seen the look on Lydia’s face and Evelyn wouldn’t say a word to her! Hilarious! I usually dislike going to things like that, but I was pretty “zen” about it this year. I figured we were there for 2 hours no matter what, so I just let the girls decide what to do. We spent the first 45 minutes on the first 2 activities, but it went a little quicker after that.

We had our primary program. The chorister hurt her arm the day before the program, so I ended up leading the songs for the kiddos. The girls all did a great job on their parts and Shawn played his guitar in public for the first time. He was a little nervous, but once he got going it sounded really nice.

I went to parent-teacher conferences and the girls are all doing great. They all have little things they can still work on, but they are 3 smart cookies! Felicity and Lydia both met and surpassed their AR goals and Evie constantly points out words she can read and spell.

The girls and Shawn got all gussied up for Halloween and Shawn took them out trick-or-treating. Shawn was Indiana Jones, Lissy was Joan of Arc, Lydia was a Spider Geisha (clearance costume) and Evelyn was a pink fairy. It was pretty warm (for E. Idaho October anyway), but it did start raining when they were almost done. We don’t get many trick-or-treaters at our house. I think our circle must look kind of dark from the main street, so maybe people just skip it. Oh well. If you want some candy, we have plenty left over!

Stay tuned for pictures!

1 comment:

BrentAndreaSorenson said...

I want some of that extra candy.