Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our week so far

It feels like I have gotten so little done today - yet it feels like I have been busy all day. How does that happen? I guess it is laundry day and watering the lawn day which are all day jobs around here - but they are just 2 things crossed off my to-do list, so it feel like I haven't done much. We also had school registration this morning - where we go find out who their teachers are, sign some forms, update any information that needs to be updated, sign up for PTO helping and check our bus stop time. For all you local folk - Lissy has Mr. Bone, Lyds has Mrs. Staples (new teacher) and Evie has Mrs. McLaren. So if you're in those classes - let us know!

In other news, Sunday night I tripped on our stairs and ended up hurting my left ankle and my right foot. They both hurt to walk on, so I spent Monday off my feet all day and they felt much better. Shawn tried really hard to have me go get x-rays in case I broke my foot, but once they started feeling better, I refused. Instead, during his long lunch break, I had him go do some school-supply shopping for me. Thanks hon! You rock! I still walk slowly (Shawn calls me "Sheri") since they are tender, but I've been getting around and driving today.

This afternoon Evie and Lydia did have friends come over to play and they all ended up painting some little wooden trees and star-baskets that I've had since we lived in Provo. It kept them busy for quite awhile. Felicity just came up and wanted to paint one too, but I had to tell her "Tough - it's 5:30 and we're cleaning up. That's what happens when you watch T.V. for 3 hours - you miss out on the fun stuff." Maybe I'm a bad mom for letting her watch that long in the first place - but her jobs were all done and it is summertime.... okay, and maybe I lost track of time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is nice that you know your teachers ahead of time. Our class lists get posted today at 4:30 for open house and school starts Monday! the boys are excited to find out who they get!
Hope you are feeling better!