Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Fall!

It is my favorite season. It never seems to be quite long enough, but I am trying to enjoy every little bit of it. We have been as busy as ever, but I'll try to post some cute pics of the girls and few other things we have been up to over the next few days. Enjoy!

Since Grandma and Grandpa were kind enough to loan Lissy some egg-shaped rocks for her rock collection, she decided to display them all as eggs in an Easter basket. We found some clear eggs in our stash and numbered them and created a key that she hung from the basket. The little piece of iron pyrite went in the huge golden Easter egg, of course.
Lissy asked to make a giant tent downstairs one day and was busy at it for quite awhile. When I went downstairs later she proudly showed me her "padded floor and tunnel". She may not grow up and become the world's greatest architect, but she was happy and had fun.

Now that Evie can read, one of my favorite things is to come across her caught up in a good book. I just couldn't resist snapping these pictures. Her favorites right now are the Junie B. Jones books, but she's also tried a Goosebumps (gave her nightmares I think) and is working on a Magic Treehouse book right now, along with a Junie B. Jones. I guess she is her mother's daughter and can't decided on just one book at a time.

No comments: