Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Spooky Sign

Well, I don't really have a tutorial, but I'll explain how I made the Spooky sign. In Word I set my page to Landscape and minimum margins. Then I typed Spooky (I did EEK on a separate line too) in the font "Blackadder ITC" and set the font to about 200 points. I centered the text and printed it (black) on some vintage looking music scrapbook paper that I cut down to 8 1/2 by 11 inches so it would fit in the printer. Then I just cut a brown mat to fit my frame, cut my "spooky" to fit on the mat, inked the edges and stuck it on the mat.

I don't remember where I got the font, and I can't find it for free anywhere. If you don't have that one, something old fashioned and fancy, but a little creepy is what you're going for. I recommend having someone step on your frame so the glass gets a nice long crack in it, but that might be a little dangerous....

I hope that helps. I just make things up as I go along and use what I have laying around, so I may not explain things very well.

Note: To truly copy the sign at Roberts, I would have used a board, some modge podge and vinyl lettering.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I have not gotten excited to decorate yet this year....

Janene said...

You are so creative! Thanks for the inspiration! Now, i just wish I had a little of your motivation! I loved the pictures of Evelyn reading, and the ballet skeletons too. I can't believe that it already snowed for you! Brrrrr....

Lisel said...

I love them all! So fun! A couple weeks ago I actually went all the way back in your archives to find your sign from last year because I remembered liking it and wanting to do something similar! Now I have even more options, thanks! I was also thinking the other day about our welcome signs...do you want me to ship you some of the other months?

Maren said...

Very cute and seems easy enough. I love Fall/Halloween decorations and I always want more! Great ideas!