Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Super Saturday Card Class

For our Super Saturday last Saturday (go figure) I agreed to put together some card kits and teach a class. I made 15 kits, with supplies for 10 cards in each kit. These are the 5 designs I used and the kits had two of each design. I copied most of the designs from other people, but this first one I did make up. Get WellHello Happy Birthday
Thank You
Blank
About a week before the class I got really stressed and had an emotional break down. I had subbed in the library at school for 3 days and the last day was when we had a snowstorm, so the kids had to all stay in the library during lunch recess. I didn't think it was that bad, but at the end of the day my back really hurt. The next day I ran around trying to get things ready to go to Caldwell for conference weekend, get packed, etc. all before Shawn came home. I was hoping to have all the supplies I needed for the class so I could put the kits togther during conference. Well, I didn't have them, my back still hurt, the girls had put the last straw on this camel's back and as Shawn put it, I had a "hissy fit" and decided to stay home while he took the girls to Caldwell. I'm not proud of that. It left things in a bad state for Shawn, the girls and his parents. I missed spending a nice relaxing and fun weekend with all of them. I don't blame them all for hating me, but I really am sorry and I hope they forgive me.
I did spend 12 hours that weekend getting the last of the supplies and cutting out bits and pieces of paper and ribbon and dividing up other supplies for 150 greeting cards. Super Saturday was a couple days ago and it was fun. They based it on a carnival/state fair theme and did a really cute job. There was a carnival game at each station and lunch was provided via a "cook-off" of soups, cornbread and pie. All the classes had a tie in to a carnival game too. For example mine was a dart throw with the phrase "Never Miss and Occasion".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your cards! I should really learn how to make cards. That's one thing I have always wanted to do but just never find the time!

Melissa said...

I am inspired by your card designs and will not proceed to copy them :)