Thursday, October 2, 2008

Advice on apples?

It's IEA and the kids are out of school for two days. Felicity and Lydia are both grounded today, and I'm beginning to wonder, "Who was I punishing here?" Evie has a friend over and they're playing Hungry, Hungry Hippos which has to be the loudest game ever created by Milton Bradley, Hasbro or any other of the game gurus.


So, I still have 3 boxes of apples to deal with, and frankly, I'm applesauced out. (How did you do over 40 jars Becky?) Does anyone have any other yummy recipes for apples? Especially canning, drying, etc. Please send me your suggestions! Tell you what, if you send one and I use it, I will send you a prize. I don't know what, but you'll like it, because who doesn't like prizes or getting something in the mail, right?


Hope you are all enjoying your week or your early weekend if you're kids are out like me. I have to remove myself from the hippos now.


3 comments:

NW Harbert's said...

I used to love that game, but sadly (:)) I have never bought it for my kids.
As for the apples, try canning an apple pie filling. I guess that would only work if they were the type to make apple pie with.

Tamlynn said...

Do you have a dehydrator? You can come borrow mine.

lovedkat said...

ok im in.....and competitive so i will win....lol....i willemail you a couple of apple recipes...love ya