Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wrapping up September

Here is a summary of our penultimate week of September.

Shawn gave the Elder’s Quorum lesson and attended a Stake music workshop that has helped him grow as a ward choir conductor.. I substituted for the school librarian one day and it wiped me out! I am NOT ready to go back to work full-time. I went to the substitute orientation at the school district office. I went to book group and we picked all our books for the upcoming year. Felicity ran a half mile for PE. The girls had picture day, but I didn’t order any because I rarely like them. The girls all went to their dance and tumbling classes. Shawn and I volunteered at school. Evie went to a friend’s birthday party. Shawn attended the Idaho Association of Marriage and Family Therapists conference in Boise. While Shawn was gone I painted a chair black, cleaned the house, rearranged and organized Lydia’s room, painted a mirror purple (for Lydia’s room), unpacked all the games I had packed when we were moving, had a girl party where we watched Camp Rock, ate popcorn and painted nails, and enjoyed a good thunderstorm.

During the thunderstorm Lydia said, “Thunder and lightning give me anxiety.” I guess that’s what you get from the daughter of a mental health professional. I thought it was pretty funny.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You do work fulltime,a mother- remember? :) So I just read that Vampire book, the night one. I did not like it but I did not know she wrote when she was 13, makes sense.