Wednesday, October 8, 2008

More Applesauce


I spent today making applesauce - all day - 9 am until 6 pm (with breaks to have a snack, eat lunch and to take the girls to the dentist). I used all 4 boxes of apples that were left and made 22 bottles (quarts?). Add that to the 11 I made before and I have 33 quarts of applesauce I made all by my own little self. I combined the Red Delicious apples Shawn's parents brought with the 3 boxes of Jonathan apples we picked and they made a pretty pinkish applesauce. I used up all but 1 of my quart jars and I am so glad it's done!
Here's a picture of my kitchen in process and the finished product!

4 comments:

Sorenson family trio said...

Way to go Lauri! Making apple sauce alone is hard work. Cleaning up the sticky mess after words is never fun either. Way to be motivated. I am impressed!
Gina

Lisel said...

I'm impressed too! I need to learn how to can more stuff - all the tricks and tools. This year was my first attempt ever and I did salsa, but I won't say how many jars I got because it's really embarrassing!

NW Harbert's said...

Good job. I know how hard it is, now the problem will be do you like applesauce enough to finish it all before it goes bad? I bet you will be fine. I haven't canned anything in years. Maybe next year!!? Check out my site there is some good news there!

Anonymous said...

Wow thats a ton! :) Yum-o