Saturday, March 20, 2010

Thankful Hat

I should be making pancakes for my kids right now, but they seem to be fine so I'll post one more thing. A couple of weeks ago we had a FHE on gratitude from this awesome book that my friend told me about on her blog. One of the activities was to create a Thankful Hat and whoever was wearing the hat had to say 5 things they were thankful for. Lydia was in charge of activity that night, so this is her creation. We decided that during the week, anyone who was grumpy or complaining would have to wear the hat and sing a different tune. We didn't have to use it too many times, but it is still sitting prominently in our living room just in case.....The book is "Before they Turn Twelve: Helping Children Gain a Testimony of the Lord's Standards" by Deborah Pace Rowley. It has 18 lessons that are based on the For the Strength of Youth booklet that our church uses to teach youth about morality and godly virtues. We have done 3 of them so far and have loved all three! They have great object lessons and refer directly to the booklet. I ordered 5 of them from the Church Distribution Center so everyone could have their own to read from and mark in.

Now, it's off to make some pancakes because my tummy is growling!

No comments: