Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another crafty afternoon

So I was inspired by my friend Joy to finally make some of the big flower hair clips that are so popular right now. Here is her craft blog tutorial. Thanks Joy! I had some leftover bright pink daisies, so I started with those and that quickly spiraled out of control and I went through my scrapbooking supplies and kept going. I had gotten a lot of flower petals from an online swap a few years ago and a lot of the flowers are just too big for my taste in scrapbooking. However, they were perfect for hairclips! I also had some alligator clips that were already covered in ribbon from a huge lot of hairclips I purchased at a discount a couple years ago. The flowers that were on them kept coming off and I just saved the clips. I also already had the little bits of bling for the centers. So in the end, 15 hair clips - $0.00, cute girls - priceless.

I'm a bit of a control freak, and I didn't want these to just get shoved in the bathroom drawer with all the other hair clips, so I rigged up a ribbon clip to hang in my scraproom where I can control who wears them and when. I just tied a pink fabric sash/belt thing onto a keyring (both laying on my craft table) and hung it on a push pin stuck into the wall.

While I was in a crafty mood and cleaning off my table I ran across a couple of projects that needed some spray paint. The large letter F was originally white and the smaller one pink. They are now black with some green accents to go in Lissy's Parisian themed room (I'll post more pictures of her room soon). The little wooden birdie basket was a country blue color. My hubby kindly removed the handle and taped off the birds for me several months ago. The black is more versatile for me and it is now on my buffet holding valentine boxes ready to go to school.
And these are the beautiful flowers Lydia and Evie made me for my birthday. My favorite color - yellow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the flower clips! They are gorgeous!