Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Miscellaneous crafty stuff

While I had my glue gun out the other night working on my glitter hearts, I also decided to fix this little donkey. He is from a resin nativity set that I got a few years ago for the girls, and his poor little ears broke off. A couple snips of felt, a little hot glue, and he has new ears. They're not as good as the original ears, but he's happy. I also glued some pieces of felt onto the bottom of some wooden boxes that have been scratching up my bookcases. Easy fix. By the way, can you tell who just had to jump in the picture? Silly girl.
For family home evening on Monday we worked on valentines. Lydia had to make a box and wanted me to get a picture. My girls love to glue paper onto boxes! My favorite parts are the stand up pipe-cleaner heart and the curly cues on the side. Lydia continued to make hearts out of her scraps after she had labeled all her valentines. Evelyn also got all of her valentines labeled. I have seen a ton of cute homemade valentines out there, but when I can get a box for 35 cents or less on clearance, that's what I'm doing.

No comments: