Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine Decorations and Crafts

So, when I went to put up some Valentine decorations, I realized I didn't have many. A trip to Dollar Tree was in order. I found some glittery heart picks and a really cool black picture frame, which really isn't valentiney, but I liked it. I should go get some more and paint them holiday colors....

Anyway, I took four of the glittery heart picks and stuck them in my houseplants. Creative, I know. The other three I cut the pick part off of and glued a twine loop on the back so they could hang on my welcome sign in my entryway. So easy!
I googled "free vintage valentine images" and printed off a picture to go in my black frame. It says, "And there will be one long Spoontime, Dearie." Who doesn't love a good spoon time? Also so easy!
The rest was stuff I had in my box. Last year at Albertsons they had some Valentine stuff 90 percent off! So, that is where I got the cute little pink votive cups and phrases. The heart-shaped box of chocolates was also 90 percent off. The chocolates didn't last long, but the box was too cute to throw away. It has a beaded texture and is really quite pretty.
The really old stuff was this little wall hanging by the front door and a heart garland that goes over our living room entry and dining room window.
And this welcome heart that I think I made at a BSU student ward homemaking night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no valentine decor here, except for a red heart thing Kali made at MOPS last week. I especially like your welcome sign. You could totally change it up each month or so.