Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Florence Nightingale


That's me today. Nursing my daughter back to health. Lydia threw up 3 times last night, so she is camped out in her bedroom today. Am I terrible mother to be completely irritated because I was awoken at 1:45 am and again at 2:30 am? It wasn't the taking care of a sick girl that was so irritating, but how darn chatty she was! If you're sick, I think you should act sick. Especially in the wee hours of the morning.

Anyway, I did get to go back to sleep this morning after the other girls left for school and have now found some patience and a little energy again. And the good news is she must be feeling better because the Gatorade I ran to get her and the Chicken and Stars soup (which has "cute tiny stars") are staying down. Now if I can just talk her into taking a nap :)

I am taking advantage of the sick day to get a little cleaning done that I have been neglecting - the microwave, the pantry, mopping the kitchen floor, clearing off the counters, etc. Now I am going to run one more load of laundry and sort the girls clean clothes for them to fold when they get home from school.

1 comment:

bgsorenson said...

Sorry to hear you had a rough night. I hope Lydia gets felling better quickly and that no one else in the family catches the yucky sickness.